Lots of fun comic book related stuff to share, so let’s just get to it:
- ComicsAlliance.com reviews the David E. Kelley script for the pilot episode of the new Wonder Woman TV show. Broken down in to “The Good, The Bad, and The Crazy” categories, from good decisions like getting the origin story out of the way quickly, to bizarre bits like her fleet of primary colored high-tech planes.
- Graphic NYC has a nice interview with Kyle Baker.
- Not a link, but in case you were interested, the DC Universe Holiday Special 2010 anthology I had a story in sold 13,679 copies in December, putting it at #147 on Diamond Distribution’s list of top 300 best selling comics in December.
- Popular Science magazine awards their Robot of the Week title to the crazy-ass killing machine in the Tamil sci-fi movie, Enthiran. Check out the absolutely insane action in this long video clip:
- Geekosystem has a rundown of some of the most sexist video game ads from the past few decades. Enough to make even the most dyed in the wool chauvinist hang his head in shame.
“I still use a lot of tricks that they taught me in the bullpen to just hack it out,” Kyle notes. “Everyone who draws should do this: Dick Giordano told me ‘You sit with a timer on your desk. Every comic book page is about three tiers, and it takes about half an hour each tier. So, I wait until the big hand is at the top or the bottom, and I start inking and give myself half an hour. I ink all of the important stuff: faces, figures, a gun or a car, and then I look at the clock and go ‘Oh my god! Twenty-five minutes have passed and I’m nowhere near done!’ So, then I paint everything else black.’